Like many other countries the United Kingdom (Great Britain) has never really completely revised their laws to suit the world we live in today. Following are 10 funny examples:
1. It is illegal to die in The Houses of Parliament (I guess you risk being executed if you die there!).
2. It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upsidedown (Monarchs are so sensitive).
3. In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless except as a clerk in a tropical fish store (I would really like to see the reason for this one!).
4. Mince pies cannot be eaten on Christmas Day (Oh yes they can!).
5. In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter (I wonder what the punishment would be if you dont let them in?).
6. A pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman's helmet (It woulld be a sight for sore eyes to see a woman filling up the helmet of a bobby).
7. The head of any dead whale found on the British coast automatically becomes the property of the king, and the tail of the queen (And the rest is left to rot).
8. It is illegal to avoid telling the taxman anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing (Try and read that a few times and then explain it to someone else!).
9. It is illegal to enter the Houses of Parliament in a suit of armor (Does that mean the police must not enter if wearing a bulletproof or flak jacket?).
10. In the city of York, it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow (Most likely a legacy from William Wallace, Braveheart).
I wonder if similar laws may still be found in Denmark........lets hope not!